-->
SCRAPBOOK HEAVEN

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Pink Stamper Design Team Submission

So My Pink Stamper Design Team is looking for another designer. All I have to do is:
* have a blog
* cannot already be serving on a DT that has product that is a conflict of interest (most DTs are just fine as long as they do not sell product that is similar to My Pink Stamper Original Cricut Stamps idea)
* project must be made just for this challenge
*Post a pic on my blog with a full recipe along with what the challenge is about
*This needs to be a new project that I made just for this challenge
*Only one entry per person.
*I must have either a Cricut or Imagine to serve on the team
*No experience necessary but I must have a love for the craft!  :)

Challenge:  Make a card, scrapbook page, or other Cricut project with your favorite cartridge using her favorite colors......

Pink
Green
Brown
(other optional color of my choice)
Well this was quite an experience for me as I have never entered into a contest of this magnitude before.  As I looked at all the other entries I found that there are a lot of card entries but not many scrapbook page entries. I did a scrapbook page because I love to scrapbook, however, I am getting into card making. I love the colors she chose. The difficult decision for me was picking which embellishments I wanted. I have so many choices.  I use Storybook a lot. I love all the design embellishments.  I like to use the cuts for different things other than what they were designed for. Like the mirror I made. I used the negative portion to make a vanity table and the stool was made out of a bracket. You just have to look at things differently and have an open mind.  I hope this is noticed in my work.  I enjoyed the challenge!! Wish me luck!!
Here is my recipe. I tried to get as detailed as I could.
Recipe:
Storybook cartridge and Plantin school book for flowers only.
1 sheet of 12 x12 inch animal print paper cut into a 1½ inch border square frame
1 sheet of 12x12 inch Jubilee pink and blue ornate paper K&C Company with a decorative punch around the page border.
1 sheet of 12x12 inch green cardstock with all 4 edges torn and edges distressed with Walnut stain distress ink and curled
1 sheet of 8½ x 9 inch pink cardstock
1 sheet scrap brown cardstock
1 sheet of 12x12 inch cardstock any color
1 sheet of 4x4 inch metallic silver paper or aluminum foil
2 inches Next Style pink beaded fringe
2 inches small pom pom ribbon
Tim Holtz Walnut stain distress ink
Cinnamon stickles
Green stickles
Gold Glimmer mist 
With the animal print paper cut a square hole in the middle leaving a 1½ inch frame. Remove the inner square to be used later. Glue animal print frame onto cardstock of any color (it will be covered up so the color does not matter).  Tear green cardstock around all 4 edges then distress with walnut distress ink. Curl edges inward using handle of small paint brush. Center and glue on top of animal print paper. Use your favorite punch around the page and punch the K&C Company paper and glue into center of green cardstock. Glue pink cardstock in center of K&C paper. With the storybook cartridge cut out 2- 3 inch mirror using pg.48 accent/frame in brown and 1 accent blackout in silver. I did not have any silver so I glued aluminum foil onto scrap cardstock then cut out my design. I used the extra brown accent/frame to make the vanity legs and the negative top portion of the mirror for the vanity table top. For the stool on pg. 64 I cut a 2 inch shorty/holes. The cushion is on pg 47 accent blackout. I cut out a 3 inch scalloped square and used only 3 of the scallops for the cushion. I can’t remember where I got the dress form pattern from but they can be downloaded just about anywhere on the images internet and traced onto paper. The fringe and pink pom poms were placed at the bottom of the dress and a green ribbon belt was placed at the waist line and pop dotted onto page.  DIVA was cut out in animal print 1 inch shorty holes and glued on top of crown and outlined in cinnamon stickles. Green layer is 2¾ inch shadow and pink layer is 2¾ accent/frame on pg. 65. I accented the crown with pink and green stickles and outlined it in the cinnamon stickles it was pop dotted up on the page.  I cut out her black and white picture in an oval shape. I then cut out 8-2 inch dandilions. They were cut in half and glued around her picture. On top of that I placed the pink flower trim by Making Memories called cheeky trims. In the center of each flower I used cinnamon stickles.  The flowers were cut from Plantin Schoolbook  pg. 76 in shadow, sizes from 1, 1½, and 2 inch using the brown and animal print papers.  The brown flowers were sprayed with Gold Glimmer Mist.  I used various brad center pieces from Paper Studios. The green vines were cut from Story book pg. 60 size 3inches and placed under the flowers. I used a punch for the smaller flowers and put green stickles in the center and sprayed with Gold Glimmer Mist.  I hope you enjoy as much as I  enjoyed making it. Thx and blessings.

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty layout! I really like how you made the dressform and mirror. Thanks for the super sweet comments you left on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, and FUN! Great work on the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!!! Good luck! -Sam :-)

    p.s. I'm a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I love the colors and all the details.

    ReplyDelete